A rooftop tent that auto-deploys and doubles as a cargo carrier.
The ultimate hybrid system that combines a rooftop tent and cargo carrier all in one. Thule Basin pops up in under a minute and the hard-shell exterior makes this rooftop tent suited for harsh weather conditions.
When closed, it not only doubles as a roof box, but also has a clean and sleek look. Easy-to-install mounting brackets let you lock the tent to your roof rack or platform for peace of mind. Thule Basin is compatible with all Thule Evo roof racks – make sure to check weight limitations for all feet and fit kits, as well as other roof racks.
- Quick setup – from closed to ready for use in less than a minute
- Pops straight up to provide a spacious living area
- Versatile design converts rooftop tent for up to two people into a spacious cargo carrier
- Patented canopy zipper system allows for easy conversion between a tent and a cargo carrier
- Release both ends to open as a rooftop tent or, when converted to a cargo carrier, open one side to easily access gear
- Easy to install mounting brackets securely lock the tent to your vehicle, feature a torque limiter to always ensure a safe install, and take half the time to install compared to traditional mounting systems
- Insulated roof to help control the temperature inside the tent and reduce noise
- Weather resistant, durable and breathable canopy for extra protection and comfort
- Includes a telescoping ladder that attaches to either side for easy access
- Includes a foam mattress with removable cover for added comfort
- Sleeping capacity
- Dimensions (Open)
84 x 55 x 42.75 in
- Dimensions (Closed)
84 x 55 x 12.75 in
- Sleeping footprint
81 x 51 in
- Peak internal height
- Static weight capacity
- Base construction
Hardshell: 5mm ABS with both UV inhibitors and color fade inhibitors. Lower shell: Combines ABS, welded aluminum substructure with unique felt lined honeycomb polypropylene panels for reinforced support
- Canopy fabric
260g cotton and polyester coated to a waterproof rating of 1500mm
- Mosquito screens
- Fits Thule Xsporter Pro
- Fits Thule TracRac - Truck
- Fits Thule TracRac - Van
Once your order is placed you will receive a confirmation email with your order details. This is NOT a confirmation that your order is ready for immediate pickup.
You will receive a second email when your order is prepared and ready for pickup at our store.
To take advantage of in-store pickup, simply choose the in-store pickup option available during the checkout process. Below is a step by step guide:
- From the cart page be sure that 'Package Protection' is turned off (slider button turns from light blue to grey). Then click "PROCEED TO CHECKOUT".
- After entering your email address, under the Delivery method section select 'Pick up', then 'Continue to payment'.
- Verify that your delivery method says Pick up in store at our Wheat Ridge, CO location and enter your payment info.
For all of our store policies please see HERE