WE ARE CENTRALLY LOCATED in Denver, CO FOR QUICK SHIPPING TIMES!
1. Your order cannot be shipped until Altitude Industries has received payment in full, including shipping costs and any applicable sales tax. We accept most major credit and debit cards. Credit card payments made through the website are processed using Shopify Payments and are subject to Shopify Payments Terms & Conditions in addition to our website terms, conditions and policies.
GENERAL SHIPPING POLICY:
In addition to this site-wide General Shipping Policy, please also refer to the shipping details for each individual specific product on the website's product page. Refer to the tab labeled "Shipping" for more information that may supplement or supersede this policy.
We will contact customers via your email in case the product you ordered is on backorder and will be delayed. If you have other items on your order that are not on backorder we may ship items separately, backordering the unavailable items.
Packages that are returned to us by the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx which are marked as "Unclaimed", "Return to Sender", "Attempted Unknown", "Refused", or "Invalid Street Address", will be credited back to the customer's credit card according to the Return Policy found in our Terms and Conditions, less the shipping and handling fees and restocking fee. Return shipping cost is the customer's responsibility. We do not keep credit card numbers on file so please ensure that you provide a valid phone number to receive a credit.
Free Shipping Offers:
Free shipping may apply to certain orders that meet certain requirements, such as over a certain value threshold. However, free shipping may not be available for certain products or brands, refer to the shipping details for that specific product on the product page for that specific product, on this website.
Especially on large freight items, such as rooftop tents or truck canopies, free shipping may not include home delivery requiring lift-gate service, and may be limited to delivery in your local area at a commercial address or to your local truck terminal (LTL Freight Terminal). In those cases, please contact us for a quote for the additional cost, if any, for home delivery.
Altitude Industries partners with high quality shipping shipping companies, and strives to delivery goods in good condition to a location that is cost effective and also reasonably convenient to the buyer. However, we cannot offer free shipping to all addresses and locations. Free shipping typically does NOT include Hawaii, Alaska, or international addresses. For large freight items, free shipping also may not include rural addresses which are not near a LTL Truck Terminal. Please email Altitude Industries for a specific quote to your address or to confirm your address prior to purchasing your order if you have any doubts. We are here to help.
We ship within the 50 US States, to addresses serviceable by UPS, including both residential and commercial addresses. However, we cannot ship to P.O. boxes (APO or FPO).
Once you have submitted payment for your order, WE CANNOT ALLOW ANY CHANGES TO YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS provided during the ordering process. Post purchase modifications to shipping addresses increase the risk of credit card fraud.
LTL FREIGHT AND PACKAGE SIZE:
Depending upon the shape, size, weight, value, or fragility of the item being shipped, the shipping terms and conditions may vary. Some products that Altitude Industries sells exceed the 150lb shipping limit, or 12 foot length limit, that may be imposed by UPS. This means that additional oversized fees may apply, or that we may need to use LTL Freight Shipping to send your item(s). Rooftop tents and truck canopies are two examples of products that will be shipped LTL Freight.
LTL Freight shipping refers to shipping large items, typically on a wood pallet, via semi-truck (aka “dry-van”). Freight shipments are booked through a shipping service which utilizes a variety of LTL Freight Carriers. Each Carrier operates their own truck terminals, therefore, the exact distance from your address to the Truck Terminal may vary. More details of your shipment including a BOL (Bill of Lading) and tracking information will be provided to you after your product has been shipped.
LTL freight shipping carriers add on significant fees to deliver to a residential address. Residential delivery requires the use of a “lift gate” which adds cost. Lift gate refers to a hydraulic platform on the back of the truck that will lower your freight to the curb level without the customer providing a forklift or loading dock.
Whenever possible, we will ship your freight to a close-by trucking terminal rather than your residential address. Shipping to a terminal has several advantages over residential delivery.
- It costs less
- freight arrives more quickly
- freight arrives with less change of damage.
- You are able to pick up your freight during the terminal’s business hours at your convenience, eliminating the need to schedule a delivery date, or a long delivery window at home.
- Eliminates situations where the delivery truck drops off the package curbside with no way to assist you in bringing the pallet/box up to your house or garage.
We also invite you to pick up your purchase in person at our warehouse in Colorado. In some cases this may save additional money. PLEASE CHECK WITH ALTITUDE INDUSTRIES PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT TO ENSURE THAT YOUR PURCHASE IS READY FOR PICKUP. We will notify you once your order is ready for pickup. Not all items are stocked in our warehouse, or they may be temporarily out of stock.
Significant damage to products in shipping is unlikely. Many times, even when the packaging looks beat up, the product within has not sustained damage. However, it is important that the proper steps are followed to ensure a shipping insurance claim may be filed. See “How to Receive Your Order” below.
You must inspect, and NOTE ANY DAMAGE to your shipment, BEFORE SIGNING the delivery paperwork. Once you have signed for your shipment at the delivery point, the package becomes your property and thus, our liability for shipping damage ends.
PROCESS FOR RECEIVING YOUR ORDER:
- Inspect the box(es) for damage or missing pieces. Red flags are punctures or any sign of forklift damage.
- Take photos exactly as it arrived. Videos or photos (close ups as well as further away photos) serve as evidence of the shipping damage.
- Normal shipping wear and tear includes things like marks or scrapes etc to the box. It is very unlikely that this has resulted in damage to the product inside. However, if you have any doubts, please note the damage on the delivery paperwork, before signing.
- If the package appears to have significant damage please try to inspect further, by looking inside the hole to see if the actual product appears damaged. Many times a large tear or hole in the box will still not result in damage to the actual product inside. However, if it is obvious that the product(s) appear to be punctured or crushed you may refuse the shipment. Do not sign the paperwork. The shipment will be sent back for processing.
- Please note, the truck driver will not help with damage inspection.
- Get a copy of the signed delivery receipt that shows the freight loss or damage notation.
- Contact Altitude Industries immediately at 720-399-6274
If you accept a damaged delivery, and/or there is freight loss and/or the damage is not noted at the time of delivery, Altitude Industries cannot be held liable for any replacement costs related to the shipment. Protect yourself from this unfortunate situation, by examining before you sign, or by refusing the shipment as explained above.